Top 10 Healthy Gift Ideas By Health Coach Emily
Not sure what to give this holiday season to your friends and family who have everything? Try giving the gift of health with these healthy gift ideas, because aren’t health and happiness the best gifts of all? Here are some ideas to get you started and a recipe:
1) A magazine subscription to Clean Eating, Cooking Light or another health, fitness or cooking magazine.
2) A BPA-free water bottle. My favorite bottles are by Life Factory. They are glass with a silicon sleeve and come in a variety of sizes. Or try one of the water bottles with a built in infuser to flavor the water with fresh fruit.
3) Copy your favorite healthy recipes and make a personalized cookbook for family and friends. Photo books are a great way to do this and you will create a lasting keepsake. Check out Shutterfly for inspiration!
4) For kids, Geopalz, are fun, kid-friendly pedometers which encourage them to be active and compete on online for prizes based on the number of steps they take. They would make great stocking stuffers! For adults, a Fitbit or Jawbone device is the perfect gift for a tech lover who wants to increase their activity.
5) Instead of cookies, make a batch of homemade granola using dried fruits, nuts and pineapple juice to sweeten and package in a pretty jar with a recipe.
6) A healthy cookbook – some of my favorites right now are the 100 Healthiest 15 Minute Meals on Earth by Jonny Bowden and How to Cook Everything Fast by Mark Bittman.
7) New cutting boards or a fun kitchen tool like a veggie spiralizer because everyone wants to make their own zoodles!
8) A gift certificate to Blue Apron, HelloFresh or Plated so your recipient can enjoy cooking a healthy meal after the ingredients has been delivered to their door.
9) A gift subscription to Fitmo, of course!
10) A subscription to NatureBox snacks. Everyone loves to graze and this monthly delivery comes with five nutritionist-approved tasty snacks to nosh on.
This year I’m giving friends some of my favorite salmon spice rub. I found these adorable pail containers which I’ve decorated and will include the recipe. This rub is excellent on salmon, pork, chicken and even sprinkled on sweet potatoes. They were easy to put together and make for a unique and personal gift.
Eat to Thrive Salmon Rub
1/8 c. coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
2 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. Chinese five spice powder
¼ tsp. black pepper
Best for salmon, pork, steak or chicken. Rub on fish or meat and grill.
By Fitmo Coach Emily Barker. As a Certified Health and Nutrition coach, Emily Barker supports men and women to achieve radiant health from the inside out. Emily’s mission is to help individuals feel fabulous and find their true happiness while focusing their efforts on building healthy habits that last. She has supported hundreds of clients in achieving significant weight loss goals and making lasting lifestyle changes.